Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Happy Birthday Dad!!

Dad turned 45 today!! That's twice my age and then some...
Love ya Dad!!
I celebrated Dad's birthday by taking a day off and going into Oxford with some friends, visiting The Eagle and the Child which is the pub where the Inklings used to meet. Was very cool to finally get there (third attempt to find the place) and have a sit and a meal -they do an awesome beer batter fish and chips with no grease!! After that we checked out a book shop or two and then I bought myself an England t-shirt (retro kind of football top)... all in celebration of Dad's 45th... I quite enjoyed your birthday Dad ;D

*The Inklings is the name of the group of friends including C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkein that used to meet each week to have a drink and a chat about stuff and the books they were working on.
**Stay tuned for episode 3 of the way of the weekend!! (I'm halfway there, just so much stuff happened!!)

No comments: