Tuesday, November 07, 2006

One Hundredth Post!!

Careful examination of the Posse House Chronicles will reveal that the Posse House has been on the Blogosphere for an entire year now. I began the blog mainly out of boredom and because it was an easy way of keeping my parents up tp date with what Im doing (they emailed my boss to see if I was still alive six weeks after I moved to the UK)And that has basically remained the purpose of the blog (with the occasional read from other friends; most of whom do not leave comments so I never know if they've been visiting!!)
It's been a bit of a creative outlet for me and interestingly a bit of networking tool as there appears to be a cyber-community of Oxfordshire Youth Workers centering around Youth Blog, but mostly valuably it has become a record of my stories and life over the last year. I will put some of the best stories and moments of the last year in the side-bar for anyone who's interested.
The blog once weekly contract has been violated in the suspense of this post, hopefully Grampa will forgive me when he reads this (or maybe its a bit like Karma seeing as the camera he gave me stopped working!!)
I thought a fitting Hundredth Post would be a hundred things about me. Here they are!!

If you have clicked through to this link, you should know that I have decided to edit this list slightly and include a few more interesting facts to replace the ones I put in as space fillers. You should also know that some of these extras are unknown to my parents and should you be my parent(s) you should probably discontinue your reading of this for my sake, or at least not read fact number 83.

1. my name is Zachariah Holt
2. last year some friends gave me the middle name "trouble"
3. im quite proud of this
4. I actually don’t mind being called Zachariah
5. ...but im not telling you that!!
6. some other nicknames I have had are zac, zaac, zackie, zacharias, zackdawowow, zee, holtie, wart hog, trouble, "the dread pirate drax"
7. im also quite proud of warthog but I cant tell my mother how I got it
8. she reads this blog everyday so I cant tell the rest of you either
9. my mums name is Carolyn
10. dads name is Marcus, it used to be Mark but he changed it before I was born
11. I considered changing my name when I was younger
12. now I wouldn’t change except to add in trouble as my middle name
13. the only thing stopping me doing this is the amount of hassle changing your name actually causes
14. my favorite sport is football (the real football) (aussie rules!!) (although I have begun to call soccer football... been in england too long!!)
15. I dislocated my knee playing footy two days before my first driving test in one of the best games I ever played
16. it was too late by the time I got out of hospital to cancel my test or to practice in my pastors car which I was borrowing for the test so I took it anyway
17. I failed
18. I passed the next time round
19. I passed my driving test without a single professional lesson, something I am quite proud of
20. I have had dread locks for the last year and a half
21. I have lived in England for most of the time I have had dreadlocks
22. in that time I have not once been clean shaven
23. the last time I actually was clean shaven someone tried to introduce me to a group of people I already knew because they didn’t recognise me!!
24. I have been to 9 countries since leaving Australia a year and a half ago
25. I am counting Tasmania and air ports in this …and Wales
26. I really want to go to Ireland and Prague and America before I go home
27. I love travelling and being in England
28. this was a surprise to me as I had no huge ambition to travel, the opportunity just came up
29. I have not paid for a single one of my air fares in that time, something for which I am incredibly grateful
30. I am a youth worker in Oxfordshire for an international organisation
31. I cant tell you who they are for “reasons of national security” but if you click this link you may just work it out
32. I didn’t tell you nothing tho
33. I can legitimately call myself an international speaker slash preacher slash teacher
34. I find this hysterically funny (as will anyone who heard me give an oral presentation at school)
35. I somehow blagged my way onto the leadership team of a youth church in Thame
36. I have not paid for accommodation or food since coming to england
37. I am realising just how blessed I have been over the last year and a half
38. my grampa peter lives in queensland and his birthday is the day before mine (my aunt lives in Perth and her birthday is the same day as mine)
39. this year he flew me across the country so we could celebrate our birthdays together on the sunshine coast
40. the actual date of my birthday is a closely guarded secret (people at my work make a big deal of birthdays which is annoying) if you know it: keep it to yourself!!
41. when he arrived to pick me up I was sitting in this pile of luggage
42. most of it was not mine but my dads and my uncles who had flown over with me to surprise grampa
43. grampas face when he saw the pile of luggage was entertaining
44. his face when two of his sons snuck up on him one at a time went well beyond entertaining
45. I have lived in eleven houses in Australia and nine houses in England
46. I have moved house ten times in Oz and Ive lost count of how many times Ive moved in England but it is more than ten
47. when I was two my parents found me standing on a stool in the kitchen buttering the bread board
48. somewhere I have some great photos of me as a kid, my favorite one is me wearing a bin lid over my head
49. I liked being a little kid, it was fun
50. I think if I could revert to a certain age it would be five years old
51. I feel younger than I am
52. I look older than I am
53. I must occasionally act older than I am because people often think I am older than I am
54. this has lead to some interesting situations where I act my age (literally) and surprised some people who have assumed or forgotten my age
55. if this has taught me one thing it is never take a Rav4 four-wheel-driving up a mountain with no fone reception in a great big sand pit
56. I am nineteen
57. twenty sounds old to me, in my head I am seventeen and have no intention of moving
58. I don’t want to grow up
59. I have supported the Geelong Cats as long as I can remember (growing up in my dads house there wasn’t that much of a choice)
60. I love playing football, whether that be aussie rules or soccer
61. I have dislocated my knee twice, it is the most painful thing I have ever done
62. I had never broken a bone despite many injuries until two months ago
63. I crashed a motorbike on a Greek island two months ago
64. I wasn’t wearing a helmet
65. I was very lucky
66. the first person to stop and help me was a vet, she patched me up with some of her kit in the back of her car
67. I had three stitches in my knee and one in my eye brow
68. I found out a month later that I have now broken a bone: my foot (in the motor bike crash) I discovered this when I booted a football and experienced a significant amount of pain
69. I have at least twelve scars, pretty much all of them have a story
70. I like my scars
71. I used to hate computers, all through school I hand wrote all my assignments
72. since coming to England Atari Man has been the cause of the gradual lessening of my computer hatred
73. I now use my computer almost every day for a significant chunk of time
74. I am a night owl
75. I think I have managed to re-set my body clock on the weekend so that I don’t need to sleep till 3am. this could be a problem…
76. I love to read
77. every now and then I think I would like to write a book
78. I also want to learn to play guitar and Jambe (bongo’s)
79. I really like Chelsea football club except for the manager Mourhino and their striker Drogba, if Mourhino leaves at the end of the season I will adopt them as my english football team (as well as Tottenham, stress less dad)
80. I have a series of random ambitions in life
81. like not cutting my hair or shaving for a year
82. and not wearing shoes for an entire summer
83. and hibernating for a winter (HA!! You think I'd make it that easy?!)
84. I think I may be a hippie
85. I was made to be a youth worker
86. when I was seven I got in a fight at school, the kid chased me around the whole school yard before I turned and jumped on him, I timed this beautifully: right in front of a teacher
87. I don’t think I’ve been in a real fight since then
88. sometimes I want to get in a fight just to see how I’d go
89. Fight Club is one of my favourite movies. I also like zoolander, the shawshank redmption, the chronicles of narnia, phillip pullman books (and I just forgot I was listing movies, not books)
90. I played some small role in the instigation of a riot a few years back.
91. I love Europe, I want to live there at some point
92. I like studying but hate assignments
93. one day I would like to teach
94. I hate air planes because of the recycled air and always wake up feeling really dry and ill
95. England has given me a permanent cold
96. I love doing dumb stuff like cliff diving and jumping over fires and playing with fire works
97. I tend to go and do dumb stuff when I am avoiding something else
98. my dad is my biggest hero
99. my mum is pretty awesome too
100. I have counted to infinity. Twice

*the list contains the obligatory untruth

There you go. I am going to bed now but I hope you enjoyed that. Shalom

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Zac I enjoyed that, I think you're a hippie too.
GP

Anonymous said...

haha some awesome new facts about you to add to my knowlege. ps- im afraid the north melbourne roos are the only team i love. but hey every man for himself

Jacqui said...

Hi Zachariah,

please post the "air port" blog on your new site, I really loved it, and I love you,
nana

The Heir said...

which "air port" post is that nan?? the one from singapore??
love you too
Zachariah

Marcus said...

Nice work Zac, very entertaining and amusing.

Hear Hear to No. 98!!! and No. 99
I'm humbled.